Our plans are progressing and in early October the sale signs will appear in front of our building at Dundas. The sale will provide the funds needed to purchase a new ministry centre to support the next stage of our mission in the local area.
We need to be prepared for some inconvenience as we make the transition from St Andrew’s next year. It is unlikely that we will move straight from St Andrew’s into the new ministry centre. As we go through this time of change we will need to remember the reasons we outlined in the report, “Vision for our buildings: Buildings for our Vision”, which was prepared for the Annual General Meeting in 2014.
- Current locations are not easy to find
- Lack of suitable facilities for ministry to children
- Lack of suitable facilities for adult ministries
- Parking problems
- Failure to meet basic safety and accessibility standards
- Change in community expectations
- Implementing “two centres” strategy has been too difficult
- Our current strategy stretches the staff and volunteers too thinly
- The implications of our Vision
If you have joined the church since 2014 or would like to read the report again please contact Kylie Dismorr in the church office for a copy (email@example.com or 9638 3968 Mon, Wed or Fri).
Over the next twelve months we will have the opportunity to thank God for the generous provision of the existing buildings at St Andrew’s. We will also be able to look forward to reinvesting our resources in a new ministry centre.